Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ancient Greece Test Comments


Dear Parents:

Ancient Greece tests were returned today and some scores were less than or just passing.   I considered test performance in a variety of ways and do recognize that it was a little long and detailed.  However, I am still surprised by the lower than expected scores.  Please know that I do plan to offer a working lunch in the near future on “Ancient Greece”.    I will also be reviewing Ancient Greece concepts as we move into Ancient Rome.  In addition, I have let all students know that they can earn up to 5 additional points by writing me a letter, on notebook paper, which addresses their incorrect test answers.  As example, if they missed the question on the geography of Greece, they could write:  Greece’s land was rocky and hilly.  It was not good for farming.  I will accept these letters through next Monday, January 30th.

I appreciate the extra time spent reviewing the test and big ideas.  A better understanding of this civilization will certain lead to a stronger understanding of Ancient Rome, our current area of study.

Thank you again for your efforts.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Ms. Coffman
Tuckahoe ES

No comments:

Post a Comment