Friday, February 10, 2012

Success in the Savanna, 2/10/12


I hope this note finds you at the end of a good week.  In class we continue our study of both single digit and multi-digit multiplication problems.  There will be a short quiz next week of the basic facts before we start to learn our division facts.  At the end of our division practice, there will be a full unit test of both multiplication and division concepts.  We continue to travel through Ancient Rome and will be ending this unit late next week.  In science, we are starting the unit on the water and weather cycles.  In language arts, journal writing has begun and students are starting literature circles in the classroom.  In brief, there is never a dull moment in third grade!

            I have several housekeeping items to share with you this week. 

1.       I hope you received my note about our planned Valentine’s Day activities.  If not please check the blog and/or the white paper reminder in your child’s Friday Folder. 
2.      We will have our annual Curriculum Day on Wednesday February 22nd from 9:30-11:30.  This is an opportunity for you to rotate through several learning activities with your child.  I hope you will be able to join us. 
3.      In the Friday Folders today is the permission slip for our trip to Imagination Stage on February 24th.  If you would like to chaperone this trip, please let me know. 
4.      The Schoolyard Stewards program is starting back up in March.  If you would like to work with the children in the outdoor classrooms, during their recess/lunch time on Tuesdays, please let me know.  Please remember there is no need to be a garden expert to help with this program.  Laura Ryan our Schoolyard Coordinator will arrange all lessons and activities.
5.      Anna Stein, our Art teacher is asking each class to provide a volunteer to hang the class artwork for Dessart Night.  The picture hanging will begin after Parent Teacher Conferences.  If this is something you could help with please let me know.
6.      Parent Teacher conferences will be March 1st and 2nd.  I can also meet earlier should these dates not work into your schedule.  I am working on sign up sheets and these should be coming home today or early next week. 

I hope you and your family have a relaxing weekend.  I will be seeing at least one basketball game this weekend and hope to catch a few more next weekend.  If I have not visited your team, please send me a reminder note about remaining games.  Thank you for your help in making this happen. 

                                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                              Ms. Coffman

No comments:

Post a Comment