Friday, February 8, 2013

Success in the Savanna, 2/8/13



Dear Parents,

            I hope this note finds you at the end of a good week.  In class we continue our studies of multiplication and division, Ancient Rome, word study/word masters, food webs, and more.   We will be tests in social studies and math (division) next week.  Please have your child continue to practice their multiplication and division facts for a minimum of 10 minutes each night.

            Thanks to my many parents who assisted us at Yorktown pool during our week of swim.  Reports from our PE teachers and pool staff were extremely complimentary.   I am proud of all my swimmers!

            I have several housekeeping items to share with you this week. 

  1. You will receive a note about our planned Valentine’s Day activities in your child’s Friday Folder.  I have also included a list of names and emails for all our students in this week’s folder. 
  2. We will have our annual Curriculum Day on Wednesday February 27th from 9:30-11:30.  This is an opportunity for you to rotate through several learning activities with your child.  I hope you will be able to join us. 
  3. Our Outdoor Lab Trip is scheduled for next Friday, Feb. 15th.  Please see general information coming home today in the Friday Folder.
  4. Parent Teacher conferences will be March 7th and 8th.   I am working on a sign-up for these meetings and should have this available to you next week.  I will offer some earlier opportunities to meet so if that is something you desire, look for it soon. 

I hope you and your family have a relaxing weekend.

                             
           

                                                                                    Sincerely,
                                                                                    Ms. Coffman
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment